Marks

• Steve Jobless
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Development Blog 1 - Announcement (Our standalone game)
« on: March 09, 2017, 06:40:39 PM »

Read our main webpage here!

Hello and welcome to our forums, and our first developer blog! We've been working exceptionally hard on this, and we're delighted to officially announce that we are making a new stand alone game! - Whigs and Tories: American Revolution

If you're familiar with us (Radio Silence Entertainment, RSE), you'll know that we produced a highly successful modification for the Mount & Blade: Warband DLC, Napoleonic Wars, named Whigs and Tories. Feel free to check this out; it's rather outdated, but it provides a basis for what is yet to come with our new venture!

What is Whigs and Tories?

Whigs and Tores: American Revolution (WaT) is set during the height of the American Revolution, and it offers players the opportunity to relive historicially accurate soldiering from this era. You have the ability to play as the British, the Miltia, Loyalists, Hessians and indeed even the French! Of course, no linebattle game is complete without all the trimmings, so aside from the regular rank and file, players can expect to see officers, NCO's, ensigns and sappers on the battlefield. WaT will further offer large scale linebattles with varied units from cannon to riflemen, across a variety of different battlefields from the lush colonial farmlands to thick, untamed forests. Whilst formations and drill are important to gain an edge on these battlefields, skill with the bayonet is also essential to ensure victory. As such, we will be creating a new challenging melee system, based off of both timing and patience.

Who are Radio Silence Entertainment?

Radio Silence Entertainment (RSE) are an indie devlopment team based around Europe. We mostly consist of game development students, but the majority of our team also have strong roots in game modification. Our current main team members are - Marks (Lead), Balgy (Code), Makii (3D Art, Anis) Baillie (Particles, sounds). We additionally have other supporters helping us on the sidelines, and you're sure to hear about them soon or see them on the forums.

I want to keep this short so it's not too much of a lengthy read but I (Marks) am very happy to answer ANY questions you may have honestly via PM, email or just comment below. If you're going to add me on steam please make sure it's important as I like to keep a clean friends list.

How can you support us?

Currently we have invested a lot of money into WaT so donations are very much welcome (we will need to purchase sounds/music/art) etc. Aside from donating, there are other ways to support us; if you're talented in any field of game development, you can apply to join our team. (Details for this can be given via PMing myself on the forums, or adding me on steam). Spreading the word also helps greatly, further increasing the playerbase in order to ensure this game reaches its full potential!

For those that would like to donate, we offer perks for donating such as access to our private board as well as 2 HD Wallpapers, previews for which can be found here.

(We offer them connected for people with more than 1 monitor (7k)

So, now to the meaty part: CONTENT!

Here we have a gif of one of our ranker uniforms but it shows the different maps applied to the mesh to make it look how it does.

Spoiler: show

Here's some in-game screenshots of our test scene.

Also a tiny preview of some art.

My fingers hurt hopefully this is enough content for now! Blogs may be monthly maybe longer as you can see I like to really fill them. If you want tid bits of information, screenshots, etc. Donate!

Thank you for reading, if you haven't already signed up to the forums, please do so!

See you around!

- Marks.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:06:43 PM by Balgy »
"Rome wasnt built in a day, it was built at 5am"

Marks

• Steve Jobless
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Development Blog 1 - Announcment
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »
Off topic side note to anyone registering please note that forum ranks and icons are not completely flushed out shall be done within the week.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 08:08:21 PM by Marks »

Marks

• Steve Jobless
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 08:01:23 PM »

PelvicThrust

• 32nd Regiment of Foot - Light Infantry Chosen Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 08:03:05 PM »
The Pre-Alpha Images already look AMAZING!

Oddr Mattison

• 32nd Lance Corporal Oddr Mattison
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:26:17 PM »
So excited!

Marks

• Steve Jobless
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 08:29:40 PM »
glad to hear it!

Added donation perks - http://rsegames.com/index.php?topic=12.0#forum

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2017, 08:36:26 PM »
Mod me.

Hugo

• 32nd Major Hugo | 2nd in Command
    • View Profile
    • 32nd Regiment Enlistment
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2017, 08:46:56 PM »
Thank you for the update. Pre-alpha looks really good guys. Keep up the good work!
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2017, 08:49:26 PM »
Excellent!

Long Tree

• QueensRangers_LongTree
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2017, 09:00:58 PM »
nice

Harris1815

• Sharpe Fan and Historian/Musician
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 10:02:50 PM »
Huzzah
God is not on the side of the big battalions, but on the side of those who shoot best  ~  Voltaire
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2017, 10:41:11 PM »
Never been more excited! Can't wait to murder some redcoats! haha

5hine

• ˙͜>˙
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2017, 02:44:47 AM »
Looking great Marks, can't wait!  ;D
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 05:44:05 AM »
Have to say that the art is magnificent, please inform the artist :)

Merfie

• mod of the year
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2017, 05:26:19 PM »
Mod me.
\

You're not as good as me, sorry Gurkhbae xxx
Ensign John Mandeville, 3rd East Kent Regt. - The Buffs.