The New Yorkian!

• The New World should be governed by New Ideas.
    • View Profile
Roleplay Corner
« on: August 23, 2018, 04:35:31 am »
Memoirs of Philip Roberts (My Character in Whigs and Tories)

Today my perception was graced of the presence of  Anglo-Regulars quartering nearby offices of Governance in my hamlet. It seemed as though the initiative for Insurgency was lit when discrepancies came in the terms of communication between Dutch Officials in the region and the entangled networks of  English Legions coming to enforce the decentralized rule of King George III.   

On the 13th of May reports swept around of the debacle of Lexington and Concord. It's surreal to imagine that folks from the colonies are trying to throw off the fetters of Colonialism, especially after how intertwined we were with the Royal Crown during The French-Indian War. That evening, my younger brother of 15 years told me whilst we were star gazing that he was going to discard his home and register in local Tory Militias as a navigator and Quartermaster. Supposing that this insurrection is work of pure disheartened Farmers bellyaching that they can't act as filibusters and seize territory that isn't theirs.   

I simply nodded in silence. Whig and Tory, Radicalism and Tradition, Expansion and contentment, these seemed to be the melting pot that little did I comprehend would explode in a conflict spanning almost a decade.  I slept debating the crooked philosophy of which side is truly correct or misguided. While others were inattentively avoiding the question of Patriot and Loyalist I was pondering it.  Then one night against all good conscience I mounted on my horse and rode to the Colony of Delaware South of my home Commonwealth, known as New York.

I arrived in a matter of 3 days and was welcomed by a rather demoralizing locality. What was supposedly a Whig Provincial Force protecting the affairs of the Continental Congress was more like a gaggle of atrociously wretched smelling beggers. The supposed leader of the gaggle fumbled out of his officers' tent and addressed me crudely. He denominated himself Sir-Gator and claimed himself Colonel of the First Delaware Regiment. In a rather flummoxing fashion, I showed my respects.

"I have arrived in your propinquity to enlist in the assistance of the Continental Army. I am 27 Years of age and have expertise stemming from my time as a Leftenant in The French-Indian War." I nervously uttered.

Sir-Gator stumbled towards me, the alcohol blatantly exuding from his mouth.
"Alright chap, I reckon you'll hicc do fine as the ol'Rifleman. Luckily one of the boys from Maryland dun'croaked so you gut yoursef one Riflee"

"Aye, sir..." I say, slowly backing up.

And this is how my adventure started, and only the Lord knows how it'll end.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 10:29:40 am by The New Yorkian! »

FancyPants

• 71st Regiment of Foot - Captain Robert Muller
    • View Profile
Re: Roleplay Corner
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:51:34 pm »

"Live life, fuck you" -Ghandi
Im not a virus, Im a dolphin!

The New Yorkian!

• The New World should be governed by New Ideas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 05:06:14 pm »

Yeah, I honestly made this because of the fact I had my school work and actual work done and was bored.

Sir-Gator

• Colonel Of The 1st Delaware. Enlisted Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 11:17:58 pm »
nice keep up the good work :)

Steam        GO GATORS