Poll

Which side shall we go?

United Kingdom (Historically accurate)
United States (Different Approach, not accurate)

Akwiraron

• Chieftain of the Mohawk People
    • View Profile
Re: Kanien'kehá:ka - Mohawk Native American Tribe [EU | NA]
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 09:11:08 pm »
Which side will you be on UK or Continental?
We will be most likely side with the Americans. There was a Native American translator that fought for the british which was also a Mohawk. We shall help the Continentals to defend America's ground against the invaders. :)

And thanks Unitater. :)

Lawrence

• RSE Moderator | 71st Lt. Colonel William Fraser
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 09:17:37 pm »
Which side will you be on UK or Continental?
We will be most likely side with the Americans. There was a Native American translator that fought for the british which was also a Mohawk. We shall help the Continentals to defend America's ground against the invaders. :)

And thanks Unitater. :)
Invaders! funny one!

"I don't know what America looks like, I just make this game off what I think it looks like" - Marks

Akwiraron

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2018, 09:19:23 pm »
Down with the crown!

By the way, we will also use Guerilla ambush tactics like the Natives used in combat. Element of surprise. There for we will be mainly playing as light infantry.

James Brock

• Rule Brittania!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2018, 09:24:34 pm »
Down with the crown!

By the way, we will also use Guerilla ambush tactics like the Natives used in combat. Element of surprise. There for we will be mainly playing as light infantry.

Akwiraron

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2018, 09:27:28 pm »
Ahhh. The Patriot x) . Love that movie. Mel Gibson sure did show the british some brutal combat. Fought with those axes like almost a real Native hehe. :P

James Brock

• Rule Brittania!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 09:33:09 pm »
Ahhh. The Patriot x) . Love that movie. Mel Gibson sure did show the british some brutal combat. Fought with those axes like almost a real Native hehe. :P

I'm in for a bad day.

Akwiraron

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2018, 09:35:06 pm »
Don't worry. :p

Also got the thread code ready. Just gotta finish the header and add some pictures to the codes tommorow. Kinda curious on how it will look like on this forum theme.

Lawrence

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2018, 09:39:06 pm »
Don't worry. :p

Also got the thread code ready. Just gotta finish the header and add some pictures to the codes tommorow. Kinda curious on how it will look like on this forum theme.
I would do a narrow style cause this forum is a lot more narrow than FSE

"I don't know what America looks like, I just make this game off what I think it looks like" - Marks

Akwiraron

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2018, 09:40:08 pm »
Aha. Thanks for telling me. Cause I have a wider version of a thread. Going to update it tommorow to make it more narrow. Thanks for reminding. :)

Lawrence

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2018, 09:41:49 pm »
Aha. Thanks for telling me. Cause I have a wider version of a thread. Going to update it tommorow to make it more narrow. Thanks for reminding. :)
Yeah ran into the same problem.. Resize your images a little smaller too for best look. NP

Akwiraron

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2018, 09:43:47 pm »
Alright thanks. :)

Also got something very interesting to read about the Mohawk leader Thayendanegea aka Joseph Brant.

Quote from: Revolutionary Limits: Native Americans
The MOHAWK chief THAYENDANEGEA (known to Anglo-Americans as JOSEPH BRANT) was the most important Iroquois leader in the Revolutionary Era. He convinced four of the six Iroquois nations to join him in an alliance with the British and was instrumental in leading combined Indian, British, and Loyalist forces on punishing raids in western New York and Pennsylvania in 1778 and 1779. These were countered by a devastating Patriot campaign into Iroquois country that was explicitly directed by General Washington to both engage warriors in battle and to destroy all Indian towns and crops so as to limit the military threat posed by the Indian-British alliance.

However the Mohawk people were sided with the British, I will side with the Americans this time. A different approach is something new and fresh.

Edit: Tbh, I'm not sure which side we should join. I'll post a poll. :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 09:46:38 pm by Akwiraron »

Lawrence

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2018, 09:46:18 pm »
interesting

James Brock

• Rule Brittania!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2018, 09:47:17 pm »
Alright thanks. :)

Also got something very interesting to read about the Mohawk leader Thayendanegea aka Joseph Brant.

Quote from: Revolutionary Limits: Native Americans
The MOHAWK chief THAYENDANEGEA (known to Anglo-Americans as JOSEPH BRANT) was the most important Iroquois leader in the Revolutionary Era. He convinced four of the six Iroquois nations to join him in an alliance with the British and was instrumental in leading combined Indian, British, and Loyalist forces on punishing raids in western New York and Pennsylvania in 1778 and 1779. These were countered by a devastating Patriot campaign into Iroquois country that was explicitly directed by General Washington to both engage warriors in battle and to destroy all Indian towns and crops so as to limit the military threat posed by the Indian-British alliance.

However the Mohawk people were sided with the British, I will side with the Americans this time. A different approach is something new and fresh.

Fair enough I guess.
The American population is currently half of what the British have so I guess for the time being at least that makes sense.

Akwiraron

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2018, 09:48:13 pm »
Well, I have posted a poll. I'll side with the faction that has the most approval. :)

Lawrence

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2018, 09:52:36 pm »
Well, I have posted a poll. I'll side with the faction that has the most approval. :)
... you already know =)