Dekkers

• Im new, but I have changed this!
    • View Profile
A few questions
« on: July 02, 2018, 01:26:14 am »
Hello, I just found out about this game due to Bailey inviting me to the steam group and it looks quite promising. I prefer this period over the Napoleonic Wars (NW/Holdfast) and it seems like you guys actually will be having a decent melee system (being careful here  ;D)

Anyway, I have a few questions

1. Will there be naval battles?
2. What factions will the game have apart from Great Britain and the US?
3. If there won't be that many factions, will some existing factions get 'foreign' units in their army rosters?
4. Will there be a scene editor like with M&B?
5. Do you guys on just adding the known gamemodes (Conquest, Battle, TDM, Siege etc.) or will you guys also try something more experimental, like a persistent setting perhaps? So with larger maps, resource gathering etc.

I will probably not check this forum often but I hope to see an answer soon.

Good luck with further development
Why can I only choose for the 'male' and 'female' genders?

Marks

• Milk, no sugar.
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 01:33:46 am »
Dickers hello

1. Will there be naval battles?
Ans - Probably, I want them

2. What factions will the game have apart from Great Britain and the US?
Ans - France and Hessians

3. If there won't be that many factions, will some existing factions get 'foreign' units in their army rosters?
Ans - You can play with multiple factions at the same time like in WaT mod

4. Will there be a scene editor like with M&B?
Ans - Unreal is pretty open and easy to learn. We aim to support modding completely not just map making.

5. Do you guys on just adding the known gamemodes (Conquest, Battle, TDM, Siege etc.) or will you guys also try something more experimental, like a persistent setting perhaps? So with larger maps, resource gathering etc.
Ans - We plan on adding what people expect from this kind of game and more, more details on that as time goes on. One gamemode I have in my mind doesn't involve any killing  :)
"Rome wasnt built in a day, it was built at 5am"

Lawrence

• RSE Moderator | 71st Lt. Colonel William Fraser
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 04:07:32 pm »
I think a persistent game setting would be unique and fun.

Having a game mode with no killing would be perfect for regimental drill and training - sign me up for that mode =)

"I don't know what America looks like, I just make this game off what I think it looks like" - Marks

Marks

• Milk, no sugar.
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 04:22:58 pm »
I think a persistent game setting would be unique and fun.

Having a game mode with no killing would be perfect for regimental drill and training - sign me up for that mode =)

Nailed it....
"Rome wasnt built in a day, it was built at 5am"

Akwiraron

• Chieftain of the Mohawk People
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2018, 05:39:30 pm »
Yes and that put in as a drill line battle. No one gets shot but people learn how to fire in the game etc. Would be pretty fun to do re enacting in an actual game.