Neoptolemus

• RSE Developer
    • View Profile
Hello and Introduction
« on: January 08, 2018, 12:18:10 pm »
Hi everyone,

If you've had a chance to look at the Blog 10 post that Marks put up yesterday, he mentions that I have joined the core development team as a coder (C++ and Blueprints), working in tandem with Balgy. While Balgy focuses on the back-end networking code to get our large-scale line battles and community tools operating smoothly, I get to work on the sexy stuff: integrating our art assets into the game and implementing game mechanics. My background from a professional perspective is the technical design and implementation of data warehouses and ETL processes, so I may get involved in the database side of things as well if needed.

I officially joined the team around the beginning of December, and my initial efforts over the last 3/4 weeks have revolved around the weapon equipping and firing mechanics, getting the animations to look nice and smooth, and implementing the firing effects and sounds to give you a really nice sense of feedback when playing. Player damage and death is also in the game, but still too rough to show yet which is why it's not in the video.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi. If you have any questions then feel free to fire them my way. I intend to be active on the community forums and Steam group, so if you want to ask about anything I'm working on, Unreal Engine 4 in general or something completely unrelated then go for it!

Marks

• Milk, no sugar.
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Hello and Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 02:39:45 pm »
Hello Richard my name's Marks I've been sober for 5 weeks since I got out.
"Rome wasnt built in a day, it was built at 5am"

Connor

• Love Ur ideas Mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 03:57:36 pm »
Hello Hope you do good Things. :)
Yeet

116th_Lord_OliverZouch

• FOR HONNOR & GLORY
    • View Profile